Tuesday 6 August 2013

Kirsten Powers, a former atheist, is "Pursued by God" perhaps via the writings of C.S. Lewis

I am gratified to hear the Kirsten Powers has allowed Jesus into her life. As a fellow Christian I can applaud her decision. You will forgive me however if I am a little skeptical of her claim that "God pursued me" as it is almost a verbatim copy of the claims made by one of the English speaking world's greatest and most published Christian apologists, C.S. Lewis, about how he came to Christ. My instincts tell me that perhaps Ms. Powers is cynically using a little 'poetic license' in the telling of her story for its dramatic value. I hope I am wrong and I am inclined to give people the benefit of the doubt; on the other hand, the well-educated and erudite Ms. Powers would have been more than aware of the writings of C.S. Lewis. That being said it probably can be argued that the phenomenon of fundamentally moral, if not religious, people being 'pursued' by God is a more common occurrence than we know and that Ms. Powers came to this experience completely independent of any reading of C.S. Lewis. For the sake of her immortal soul I hope the latter is the case. http://youngcons.com/kirsten-powers-how-a-liberal-democrat-and-former-atheist-came-to-know-jesus-christ-as-her-savior/

No comments:

Post a Comment